- About Us
- Support Us
- Social Spot
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare or direct preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determine the amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Check in food orders, laundry and all other deliveries.
- Set steam table; serve or ensure proper serving of food for tray line or dining room. Including set up and assembly of tray line.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Prepare specific food items based on menu including but not limited to baked goods such as muffins and dessert items.
- Keep work area and food preparation areas clean at all times.
- Clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation areas.
- Complete food temperature checks before service.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of health, safety and sanitary practices involved in cooking.
- Knowledge of large scale food production, required.
- Knowledge of nutrition and modified diets, required.
- Ability to follow standardized recipes, production sheets and menus in accurately preparing food, required.
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Good Communication Skills-interact effectively with personnel, visitors and clients.
- High Energy Level, Flexibility, Interpersonal Skills and ability to function as a team with other employees.
- Demonstrated ability to respect and maintain appropriate and professional boundaries with management, peers, and clients at all times.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instruction.
- Must possess excellent vision and hearing, or be able to perform the essential duties of the job with accommodations.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and speak English.
Education/Training: High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Two (2) years of experience in a large-scale food service production/ institutional environment preferred. Food Service Sanitation Certificate, required.