- About Us
- Support Us
- Social Spot
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows-up with any patients in need of medical follow-up as determined by review of medical file/documentation.
- Administer all medications to clients as needed and is responsible for safe and secure storage of all medications.
- Keep abreast of all State standards for nursing practice in an intermediate care facility and to keep in compliance with these standards at all times.
- Perform the Nursing Assessment for each client at admission, and provide for each client at discharge a care plan for continuing medical conditions.
- Maintains all medical forms in clinical records in complete and timely manner.
- Maintains accurate records of TB testing of all employees.
- Monitor client’s complaints and incident’s; reply in accordance with agency/ regulatory body guidelines for complaint tracking procedures and complaint policy.
- Maintain a system of client care records; reporting forms, client and service data and any other needed client care information as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to review charts on an ongoing basis in preparation for audits and to ensure compliance.
- Ability work and follow-up on Joint Commission and/or DHMH survey preparation and subsequent recommendations.
- Consistently observes essential discipline of the program, including reporting to work, use of sign-in logs, incident logs, reporting to supervisors, punctual attendance at required staff meetings and training sessions, and adherence to standards of dress, language and general deportment required. Consistently follows all prescribed procedures for admitting clients and promptly places all documentation in the client record.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to implement and enforce procedures for acquisition storage, administration, and disposal of medications as prescribed by the Medical Director and Consultant Pharmacist and regulatory standards.
- Demonstrated ability to train staff in medication procedures.
- Consistently arranges client medical referrals-out according to policy and demonstrates ability to orient clients to procedures for departure and return from appointments.
Education/Training: High school Diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree or some college coursework preferred but not required. Valid Maryland RN/LPN license required, CPR certified, required.