- About Us
- Support Us
- Social Spot
Program Assistant (PA)
POSITION: Program Assistant (PA) POSITION REPORTS TO: Lead PA/Clinical Director STATUS: Non-Exempt Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an accurate count of clients on each shift.
- Consistently monitor and stay abreast of the whereabouts and activities of all clients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Perform client searches based on company procedures following their return from the hospital, outside appointments or passes.
- Ensure that urinalysis tests are performed and documented following company procedures and standard chain of custody protocols following a clients’ return from the hospital, outside appointments or passes.
- Maintain documentation in Log Book; transition report, count sheet, room checks, shift report.
- Inform next shift of all client activities, medical emergencies and client concerns prior to ending shift.
- Consistently works with clients to modify and/ or report observed disciplinary infractions when appropriate.
- Conduct client room searches to ensure program compliance, check for contraband and cleanliness.
- Coordinate with nursing staff administration of client medications, if applicable.
- Work with counseling staff to ensure that clients are present for lectures and other activities.
- Escort clients present to all meals.
- Provide clients with supplies and other needs such as linens and cleaning supplies.
- Inform clients of any changes that affect them.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility of facility in the absence of Clinical Staff or Program Directors absence, or as designated.
- Other Duties as may be required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Good Communication Skills-interact effectively with personnel, visitors, patients and physicians and general public.
- High Energy Level, Flexibility, Interpersonal Skills and ability to function as a team with other employees.
- Demonstrated ability to respect and maintain appropriate and professional boundaries with management, peers, customers and clients at all times.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instruction.
- Must possess excellent vision and hearing, or be able to perform the essential duties of the job with accommodations.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and speak English.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands: General requirements:
- Full upper extremity range of motion
- Full lower extremity range of motion
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required. Demonstrated ability to work in a professional environment with vulnerable adults preferred.
- Special Software Skills: Must be able to use current version of MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) or willing to learn within 6 months of hire.
- Sobriety: If Recovering, two (2) years sobriety.
- Substitutions: No substitutions may be made.
- Training: CPR, First Aid, De-escalating skills preferred. Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid and De-escalation skills within 6 months to a year of employment will be required. Employee must maintain all certifications thereafter. Obtain and maintain agency crisis prevention and intervention training certificate within 6 months to 1 year.
- Other: The incumbent must continually demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. This position may include weekend and/or evening duties as needed or required. Equipment and Working Conditions All materials and equipment to perform job functions are provided. Staff members can be transferred if it has been decided it is in the best interest of the agency and will enhance services provided. Americans with Disabilities Act As with all positions at Tuerk House Inc. we recognize the importance of accommodating individuals with disabilities. In that we are committed to all extent possible accommodating disabled individuals, we recognize the American with Disabilities Act of 1991 and understand the need to reasonably accommodate employees. All accommodations will be made on a case by case basis, evaluating the essential functions of the position. Back to the list of job openings